Nature, Wildlife, and Education
WMNC is your gateway to enjoying and understanding the ecology of the beautiful White Mountains region of Arizona.
In the White Mountains, diversity abounds as you climb from grasslands that are home to speedy pronghorn, through the world’s largest stand of ponderosa pine teeming with forest-dependent wildlife to windswept alpine tundra atop Mount Baldy (Arizona’s second-highest point at 11,420 ft).
Established in 2005, we are rapidly gaining momentum in completing our vision. WMNC is actively involved with White Mountains communities and organizations and are building a nature center that is focused on wildlife and nature education and wildlife rehabilitation.
For more information about our organization, see About Us.
Calling All Volunteers – Can We Count You In?
The White Mountain Nature Center needs your help. We are getting ready for our last two gigantic events of the season: The Woodland Wildlife Festival on Saturday, September 3rd and the Annual Benefit Dinner & Auction on Saturday, September 17th.
We need volunteers to help make these events a success and we are calling on you to help, if you can.
We will need people to help with projects and hikes during the Wildlife Festival (from 10am to 3pm), then again that evening for the Community Campfire and DARK SKIES program at Mountain Meadow Recreation Complex at 6pm.
Then we need lots of helpers prior to the Benefit Dinner and during the dinner. If you can help on one of the following days, please come to the Nature Center:
- Wednesday, September 7th at 10am
- Friday, September 9th at 10am
- Wednesday, September 14th at 10am
- Friday, September 16th at 10am
If you can assist in selling raffle tickets, or other fun activities on the night of the dinner, please call Kathy at the Nature Center: 928-358-3069.
It’s Time for the Annual Benefit Dinner!
Below is a photo of the commemorative .45 Wounded Warrior automatic pistol we will be raffling during the annual Nature Center Benefit Dinner on Saturday, September 17th. You NEED to be present for a chance to win this beautiful piece. Get your dinner tickets from Nature Center Board members or at the Nature Center! Read more about the ABD.
Become a Member!
WMNC is now offering paid memberships to support the Nature Center and its programs. Memberships will enable the White Mountain Nature Center to:
- Be a regional clearinghouse for all things environmentally related.
- Offer activities to foster sound natural resource stewardship.
- Promote sustainable living, green building, healthy forest and FIREWISE principles.
- Diversify and promote a healthy local economy.
- Be a place where people have FUN learning about and discovering nature.
Membership benefits include:
- Member only events
- Reserved seating at selected programs
- Special access to speakers and animals
- Designated discounts on Nature Center items
- Discounted admission for paid programs
- Discounted annual dinner tickets
- Tax deduction
To become a member, either download our membership application, or you can purchase your membership online using the “Pay Now” buttons below.
Individual Membership – $30
Family Membership – $50