The White Mounain Nature Center, a non profit educational organization, originated in 2004. Land was purchased in 2007 and the initial phase of the project was completed in 2012.
We are a valuable resource for sponsors and donors to exhibit goodwill and concern about the future of our natural resources.
Our community service goals include the following:
- Integrate our work and the work of supporting organizations to educate our visitors and encourage responsible action to better steward the natural resources in which we all share and care about.
- Be an economic benefit to communities we serve by providing additional revenues from areas outside of the White Mountains.
- Commit to and advocate sustainable multiple use of our lands and resources.
- Serve the White Mountains as a wildlife rehabilitation center.
Connecting people through nature education, wildlife rehabilitation, and open space preservation in the White Mountains of Arizona.
To achieve our Vision, OUR MISSION is:
To connect people with wildlife through educational experiences that inspire appreciation, responsibility, and respect for the inter-relationships among humans, other living organisms and the natural world we share.
Our CORE VALUES are:
- Active engagement as a characteristic of all our offerings
- Appreciation of natural diversity
- Promotion of good environmental stewardship
- Provide a center for our many communities
- Remain current and relevant
Our STRATEGIC GOALS are:
- Be a regional clearinghouse for all things environmentally related.
- Offer activities to foster sound resource stewardship.
- Promote sustainable living, green building, healthy forest and firewise principles.
- Diversify and promote a healthy local economy.
- Be a place where people have FUN learning about and discovering nature.
|Diana Butler – President|
|Jim Snitzer – Vice President|
|Linet Ingels – Secretary|
|Mike Caruth – Treasurer|
|Mary Ellen Bittorf|
|Sharen (Sherrie) Adams|