Serving Nature and the White Mountains Community
Opportunity for Educators
The Arizona Association for Environmental Education is pleased to announce the first conference opportunity in almost a decade! Consider joining us for a combination of up to 3 days of Professional Development in Environmental Education at Prescott College from September 12-14, 2019! We are excited to convene all educators in Arizona who are working toward building environmentally literate communities!
Information about the conference and costs can be found on this website: www.arizonaee.org/event/2019-aaee-conference/
Thanks to a generous donation from Prescott College, our Sonoran-level sponsor, we are also able to offer twenty $75 scholarships to applicants. Details about the scholarship are included on that landing page.
Conference Highlights include:
- Project WET; Project WILD and Growing up WILD; Project Learning Tree; Earth Education; and NAAEE Guidelines for Excellence Pre-conference workshops on Thursday, September 12th
- A welcome reception at the Natural History Institute, and Plenary speaker Dr. Tom Fleischner, Director of the Natural History Institute who will share how Natural History is the Heart and Soul of Environmental Education
- Conference tracks include content designed for formal, non-formal, and non-traditional educators. Presenters will share information about working with all ages from Pre-K through college and adult audiences. Here is a link to the full scheduleand presentation descriptions.
- A panel disscussion entitled “How do you EE?” Including content related to equity and inclusion in EE. We are honored to present our Keynote Speaker, Dr. Centåe Richards, PhD, and Assistant Dean of Education & Professional Preparation Programs at Prescott College, who will share Evolving Mindsets: Expanding the Cultural Reach of Environmental Education
- Field trips to local EE Centers, natural areas, and community and school gardens.
- Lunch and learn sessions designed to be engaging and project-based.
- An Open Space activity for you to bring your ideas and challenges to discuss with other attendees
- And more!
Early Bird Registration runs through August 22nd, and the scholarship application will be available through August 8th. Cost of the full conference at the early bird rate is $350 which includes all meals for Thursday and Friday (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) as well as Breakfast and Lunch on Saturday.
Hope to see you there!
Meghan L. Dorsett, Ed. D.
BRHS English Teacher/Instructional Coach
NAU Instructor, Show Low Campus